The basic objectives of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
1. To inspire service in the public interest through the cultural enrichment and character development of African American males of high school age.
2. To develop leadership skills while monitoring, encouraging and rewarding outstanding academic performance.
3. To refine self-images, self-esteem, social skills and environmental awareness.
4. To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
5. To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment.
6. To inform youth of the value of higher education, assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling and fellowships. Kappa Alpha Psi's commitment to young people is well established and our Guide Right efforts, both individual and collective, can continue to serve as a mechanism to "inspire service in the public interest".